Connect on social media!
- Find help and support from people going through the same things you are
- Share your story and support others
- Learn about research for new therapies and treatments, our advocacy efforts, and our programs and services
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Instagram
Share epilepsyiowa.org and epilepsy.com pages with your friends
Use the share, tweet, and like buttons next to the print button to send your friends a page from epilepsy.com.
Safety on Social Media and Other Platforms
Learn more about social media safety here.
How To Disable Video Autoplay
It is possible on most social media and some website browsers to turn off or disable the video autoplay feature. Taking this step on the tools you use can help limit your risk of exposure to potentially seizure- and headache-inducing content.
- How to Disable Autoplay on Facebook
- How to Disable Autoplay on Twitter (scroll down to the section labeled “Watching videos on Twitter” for the steps to turn off autoplay)
- How to Allow or Block Media Autoplay in Firefox
- Google Chrome:
- Open a Chrome window and enter “chrome://flags/#autoplay-policy”
- Next to “Autoplay policy,” change “Default” to “Document user activation is required”
- Relaunch browser
- Find tips for other platforms in this March 29, 2019, article published in The Verge.
Instagram does not currently have an option to toggle off autoplay. This section will update if that ever changes.
Community Forum and Chat Room