Dietary Therapies for Epilepsy webinar with Stephanie Borst. Click here to view.
A Review of diet therapies for epilepsy. The program will cover the basics of each diet and how to safely monitor patients on these diets.
• Ketogenic Diet
• Modified Atkins Diet
• Low Glycemic Index Treatment (LGIT)
• General Diet for Epilepsy
2016 University of Iowa Epilepsy Symposium. Click here to view a podcast of this symposium.
- What is a Level 4 Epilepsy Center and what is it’s role?
- Treatment of refractory Epilepsy: Options for seizure control
- Selection & evaluation of patients for surgical treatment
- Epilepsy surgery in pediatric and adult patients
- Research in epilepsy at the University of Iowa
- SUDEP: Risk factors and prevention
- SUDEP: Animal models used to study mechanisms
- Effect of Seizures on breathing
- Medical marijuana & cannabidiol for treatment of epilepsy
- Mark Granner, MD. Department of Neurology
- Rup Sainju, MBBS. Department of Neurology
- Gena Ghearing, MD. Department of Neurology
- George Richerson, MD, PhD. Department of Neurology
- Brian Gehlbach, MD. Department of Internal Medicine
- Gordon Buchanan, MD, PhD. Department of Neurology
- Brian Dlouhy, MD. Department of Neurosurgery
- Michael Ciliberto, MD. Department of Pediatrics